Welcome to the 43rd Nederburg Auction. This annual fine wine event offers a collection of rare, fine South African wines that are judged and selected by top wine experts from around the globe. The selection tasting has gained a solid reputation internationally for its rigorous judging process.
January – Submit wine entries via online submission system
February – Deliver wine samples for the selection tasting I Entry Payment
March – Selection tasting
April – Audit process I Share results with producers
May – Announce results to media I Sign contracts I Deliver auction stock and pre-auction tasting samples I call for charity items
June – Compile catalogue I Buyer nominations from producers
July – Guest list finalised
August – Pre-Auction tastings in CT and JHB
September – 43rd annual Nederburg Auction I Submit sales summaries
October – Delivery of wines purchased to local buyers
November – Delivery of wines purchased to international buyers I Payment to producers
December – Communicate strategy and key dates for following year
2017 CALL FOR WINE SUBMISSIONS
Please follow the below steps to complete your entry.
1. SUBMIT YOUR WINE
To participate please log on to the online registration portal.
Please take note of the following submission criteria. Click here for additional guidelines to assist you with your submission strategy.
- Red Wines must be from the 2012 vintage or older.
- White Wines must be from the 2015 vintage or older.
- Special Late Harvest or Noble Late Harvest Wines must be from the 2015 vintage or older.
- Fortified Wines must be from the 2013 vintage or older.
- Very important: Both red and white wines must have been unavailable to the retail trade or public for at least one year prior to the submission date.
- Very important: *** Ideally the wine needs to be the last case/s available, either because it really is the last of that vintage, or because your intention is to submit a portion of the wine stock this year, and hold back on a small consignment that you can submit as the last of the vintage several years later. Should the latter be your strategy it needs to be communicated to the Auction team.
- Wines with Gold or Double Gold awards at this year’s Veritas show will not be considered for inclusion in the 2016 Auction unless it is reserved exclusively for the Nederburg Auction (see point above).
- All wines sold on the Nederburg Auction must be export-ready until the end of the year i.e. 31st December 2017. Please email the Sensorial Period report for your wine/s from Wine Online.
- WSR4A Certificates to accompany your entry.
2. PAY ENTRY FEE
- Entry fee is R700-00 per wine.
- Payment to be made electronically to Distell, using the reference: Auction Entry + Winery name
- Banking Details: Bank: Standard Bank | Account number: 0722 51 484 | Branch: Stellenbosch | Branch code: 05 06 10
- Submit proof of payment and enquiries via email to Juanita Smith
3. DELIVER SAMPLES
- Please note – should your wine/s be selected for the 2017 wine line up, we do require the following samples and auction stock.
- The quota is kept to a minimum. Should samples be a challenge, detailed motivations may be submitted to the Auction Business Manager.
- Please mark all boxes for the attention of: Murdo Dreyer | Nederburg Auction Office | Distell Bergkelder, Papegaaiberg | Stellenbosch | 021 809 7203
- It is the entrants’ responsibility to ensure that all wines are delivered to the Auction office before the deadline –The entries will be transported by the Entrant’s risk and it will be the Entrant’s responsibility to arrange adequate insurance. The Auction office will not be held liable for any loss or damage to the Entries whatsoever whilst the Entries are in the possession of the Entrant, the Agent or at any stage during the delivery process.
- Samples not received by the deadline, will be withdrawn automatically.
|Tasting||Date of Tasting||Sample Requirement Guideline||Deadline|
|Selection Tasting||23 – 24 March 2017||3 x 750ml||4 x 375ml||2 x 1.5L||10 February 2017|
|CPT Pre-auction Tasting||01 August 2017||3 x 750ml||4 x 375ml||2 x 1.5L||May 2017|
|JHB Pre-auction Tasting||03 August 2017||3 x 750ml||4 x 375ml||2 x 1.5L||May 2017|
|Auction Informal Tasting||15 – 16 September 2017||3 x 750ml||4 x 375ml||2 x 1.5L||May 2017|
- A record is kept for requests to deliver additional stock.
- Leftover samples may be collected from the Auction office after the auction event.
- Communication will be submitted in both cases as stipulated above.