The Selection Tasting
- The Selection Tasting is conducted by a highly qualified panel, of local and international wine judges. Click here to meet the 2017 panel of judges
Selection tasting dates:
- 23 & 24 March 2017 at the Nederburg Winery situated in Paarl
- The wines submitted will undergo a stringent selection process that involves an audited blind tasting conducted by a highly qualified panel.
- All entries will be judged in categories according to the variety and/or type of wine (the class) to which it belongs. The appointed wine-coordinator may amend the class of entry of a submission if, in his opinion the integrity of the selection process will be best served by this amendment.
- It is the responsibility of the Chairman of each judging panel to achieve consensus between the members of the panel as to the score given to each wine tasted.
- Submissions will be judged according to a 20-point system.
- Once the audited results are available approximately two weeks post the Selection Tasting, the successful producers will be contacted via email to arrange an appointment to sign a contract and at the same time deliver the balance of the wine samples.
- Unsuccessful producers will be notified via email directly from the Auction Office. Please do take note that this information is kept highly confidential.
- All results remain confidential and only the successful selection will be announced.
- The Wine-Line Up will be announced on the website nederburgauction.co.za followed by the Index to Lots.